More Help for Students in the Country Illegally

More Help for Students in the Country Illegally

Sacramento, CA

Last week, California State Senator Ricardo Lara of Bell Gardens proposed expanding the number of students in the country illegally who would be eligible to receive discounted-in-state-tuition rates at state universities. The legislation would be in addition to a law passed by the state legislature in 2001 that provided in-state tuition to immigrants in the country illegally who attend at least three years of school and receive a high school diploma. 

The newly proposed legislation, SB 68, is designed to provide relief to the increased number of unaccompanied minors coming into the country— it would help young people who arrive at age 16 and can only attend high school for two years, including those who do not graduate. The legislation would allow two years of community college to count toward the requirement of three years of schooling in California, and will allow completion of an associate degree or completion of a transfer agreement to USC and CSU, instead of high school graduation.

About The Author

Dr Main Sidebar


“ME/WE” is an: "All for One, One for all" concept of African Zulus, called Ubuntu. The Nguni Bantu define it as connection of all “Humanity”—meaning its “Sameness” creation is the Cosmic Force. They translate it as: “I am because we are”; or “Humanity towards others”...


Throughout his enslavement, Kunta Kinte’s persistent desperate survival situation caused his overactive Autonomic Nervous System and hormone excesses to permanently weaken his physical body. Perhaps most Enslaved distress produced over-working...


The System of the Natural World is an Approach (the way) concerned with created Beings functioning as vehicles. From them, Mathematically Structured Things will come into Existence (African, “Essence,” to be as absolutely necessary and with a customized...

Share This