He offers these tips to dads on how to remain fit and healthy:
1. Before starting an exercise program consult with a physician and get a physical.
2. It’s always a good idea to consult a fitness expert to help you develop an exercise program.
3. Have a plan, set short-term and long-term goals, be realistic!
4. Be consistent to achieve your fitness goals.
5. There are 1,440 minutes in every day, schedule 30 of them for physical activity…make it happen!
6. When weight training, keep your weights light, shoot for more sets and higher reps to help develop lean muscle 2–3 days a week.
7. Do total body workouts…upper and lower body.
8. Walk or jog (assuming you’re able)…it is a great way to elevate your heart rate. Try walking a brisk pace then jogging for a minute or two, this will stimulate your metabolism…3-4 days a week.
9. Share your goals with your family and friends for accountability.
10. Enjoy yourself — shoot baskets, throw the football around, find creative ways to exercise…
11. Be patient, it will take time to get significant results. You can do it!
12. Plan on exercising a minimum of 3 to 5 days a week 30 to 45 minutes in duration.
13. Eat clean and make good food choices. Making healthy choices will help fuel your body and aid in your workouts.
14. Don’t wait! Start today.
A final thought…
Diet and exercise are the keys to being fit. Getting in shape lowers your risk for heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension, stroke, and some types of cancer. Lifestyle changes can make a huge impact on weight loss and overall fitness, so make a decision today to start an exercise program that will create a healthier, fitter you.
Contact Mike by calling 951-784-3303 or visiting www.mikesfit.com.