Whenever there is a buildup of gas in the gastrointestinal tract, then it results in bloating and leaves you with a feel of fullness and tight in the small intestine. Poor eating habits, constipation, stress, smoking, certain health problems, etc. will cause the gas and bloating problems.
It is an uncomfortable and embarrassing problem that also causes difficulty in breathing, lower back pain, belching, flatulence, cramps, etc. Natural remedies like ginger will give relief from bloating effectively rather than over the counter medications. Ginger root is an age-old remedy that not only used as a food but also medicine for treating many problems.
Here are some of ginger’s amazing properties and uses for treating gas and bloating.
• It acts as an effective carminative (calming effect) that soothes the digestive tract, alleviates gas and relieves you from stomach cramps and bloating.
• It thins the blood and improves circulation to reduce pain and discomfort that further helps to get rid of bloating.
• Gingerols and shogaols are 2 pungent compounds in ginger, act as effective pain relievers that give relief from the abdominal pain and other discomforts caused by bloating.
• It has antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that strengthen the immune system and ease the inflammation to give relief from indigestion, hyperacidity and bloating.
• It raises the production of saliva, bile and gastric juice for proper digestion which in turn helps to prevent gas and bloating.
• It soothes the stomach and helps it to deflate from gas – producing foods. It eases stomach pain, blocks several enzymes and genes which promote bloat causing inflammation.
• It has muscle reluctant properties that helps to relieve gas which is trapped in a constricted digestive system. It also gives relief from tension and other spasms in gastrointestinal tracts that further alleviates bloating.
• It contains a protein digestive enzyme called zingibain that effectively reduces the bloating and gas which is caused by protein rich foods.
Drinking ginger tea will clear the abdominal bloating and other discomforts in the gastrointestinal tract. Lemon used in this tea has natural diuretic properties that flush out the bloating caused due to water retention. Honey aids in proper digestion. This refreshing ginger tea is a healthy tonic for belly bloating and overall better digestion.